- Morning pages/stream-of-consciousness writing - Start with a blank sheet of looseleaf or a notebook of similar size and write whatever comes into your mind for three pages. Don't stop to think, process, or censor. Simply put down on paper whatever enters your mind. You do not have to "be" a writer. You just write. First thing in the morning is ideal, or whenever you really feel off-centred, need to make a decision, or whatever. There is something about committing our thoughts to paper that make them more concrete.
- Collage - With back-to-school-sales everywhere, now is the time to pick up one of those coil-bound Hilroy scrap books. Take your magazine stash or ask a library for some old ones, pick a topic or theme, and rip out images that you are drawn to. Put them into an envelope or ziploc bag and when you have time and enough images, glue them into your scrapbook. You may choose a theme of interior decorating (things you love) and find your style emerge. You may just pull random images and find a theme emerge. If you are grieving something or have unprocessed emotions, collage can be a powerful tool as well.
If these ideas sound good on paper, but you have no idea how to actually incorporate them into your life, here a few more tips:
- For collage, pick one evening for "me-time" and start.
- For morning pages, go out and find a nice journal or simply buy some 20-cent looseleaf at Superstore, set your alarm 15 minutes earlier and just do it. (Hint: finding a pen you love using really helps!)
- But the important thing is to decide to do something that's good for you and then do it!
Another way to cherish yourself is to find things that help you feel beautiful. One way I recommend (of course), is to book a consultation with Rodney at our studio. You'll have a chance to get to know one another, talk about what an Eve Session might look like for you, and look at some albums of women much like you, who have chosen to do something special. It takes a little time and a little courage, but it's so worth it! Call 221-8413 or see our website for online contact.
One other thing: our fall promotion (Sep. 1 to Thanksgiving) is here.
- Every outdoor session booked will also include in-studio time free of charge. Outdoor sessions are $300 plus GST. It's a beautiful time of year, so don't miss it!
- Every person who orders a regular-sized album (starting at $495) will receive a free itsy-bitsy album (value $159) for free. You will love how easily they tuck into a pocket or purse.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you will "Join In" or find us on Facebook (see sidebar), so we can stay in touch!