Saturday

Feasts, Farmer's Markets and Fall

My eldest suggested we have a "feast" today. I remembered there was a farmer's market at PineRidge Hollow this morning, so off we went . Picked up the sweetest corn on the cob ever, some carrots, and some "natural" farmer sausage from Matheson's farm. If the potatoes I bought earlier were local, we had a "Made in Manitoba" meal. Yummy. The highlight of today was Rod pulling me over to one of the stalls, pulling out a twenty and telling me to pick out a necklace. I wasn't sure which one I liked best, so he ended up picking out a winner: black cord, polished black stone with white swirls and two silver beads on either side. I love it! I haven't really worn jewellery since having children, so it was extra special. My youngest still wants to yank on it, but hopefully the novelty will wear off quickly and he'll ignore it.

The farmer's market runs every Saturday from 9-1 until September 20th. It's a bit of a drive, but I thought it was totally worth it. There were a few crafters, lots of jams, jellies & chutneys, great corn on the cob (don't even bother buying corn anywhere else...mine was picked this morning!), potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, cukes, zucchini, onions, mini pumpkins and gourds, and decorative corn just to name a few things. We didn't have time to stop in at the restaurant, but sometime I'd like to go back with a girlfriend. They list their menu on the website...looks tantalizing!

Well, that's it for now. Fall looks like it will be busy at the studio. Our new brochures are already bringing in new clients and fantastic feedback. (I'm working on getting them out to our clients still). Rodney will start shooting for one of CancerCare's big gala fundraisers this week. He's still pretty sore after holding a camera all day, but doing surprisingly well. We are blessed. Our eldest starts grade one this week. Not looking forward to the earlier start to the mornings and yet I am looking forward to having more morning in my day. Hope you have a wonderful fall. It's one of my favorite seasons. I hear Tiber River is bringing out an amazing line for fall, which includes pomegranate-vanilla and strawberry-rhubarb crisp. Mmm!

Happy long week-end!

No comments: