Monday

Easter Reflections

As I look back on this week-end, I remember hearing heavenly music wafting in from--the street(!)--as our studio's neighbours (Holy Ghost Church) filled our street with parishioners and led us in the Lord's Prayer on Good Friday. What beautiful sights and sounds to grace the North End. I spent much of the day in bed with a fever and sore throat. Then the bittersweet mix of the arrival of Rod's parents from Saskatoon and the news that our van's back window had been smashed and a couple of important things for us (but useless for anyone else) had gone missing.

Saturday was a low-key day of travel to Winkler to pick up some local cheese (and lots of reading for me: Success Principles by Jack Cansfield) and then some egg-dyeing. We enjoyed some amazing BBQ'd pork tenderloin courtesy of Rodney.

And Sunday, the celebration day, found me doing what I love: dancing and playing with colour. Our pastor had an incredibly moving talk, weaving the pain and sorrow, the love, and the life and power that were at work during the events of Easter. After a nap, we had an Easter egg hunt with little symbols of the Easter story inside each one. To finish off the week-end, I drew an Easter mural on our livingroom window and Rod's Mom cooked a chicken dinner. (And in the evening, we watched "Fireproof" and I cried way too much).

A very rich and full week-end.

No comments: